Thursday 29 April 2021

Inspiring quotes from classical musicians

Not only are they great composers, they are inspirational speakers, too. Enjoy this list of inspiring quotes from classical musicians, curated by the Zonegem review team.

In life, one must decide whether to conjugate the verb ‘to have’ or ‘to be’.

Franz Liszt

The essence of that which is beautiful is that which is unified in its variety.

Felix Mendelssohn

Experience first, then intellectualize.

Carl Orff

I hate you Richard Wagner, but I hate you on my knees.

Leonard Bernstein

True music must repeat the thoughts and inspirations of the people and the time.

George Gershwin

There are so many beautiful things to be said in C Major.

Sergei Prokofiev

I compose music because I must express my feelings, just as I talk so that I can express my thoughts.

Sergei Rachmaninov

When I was young people used to say to me, “Wait until you’re fifty, then you’ll see.”

I am fifty now, I haven’t seen anything.

Erik Satie

Inspiration is a guest that does not willingly visit the lazy.

Piotr Tchaikovsky

I try to decorate my imagination as much as I can.

Franz Schubert

Discipline, work. Work, more discipline.

Gustav Mahler

For plenty more inspiration in words including eBooks and novels, plus podcasts, check out Zonegem today.

No comments:

Post a Comment